- a block of ice has formed in the internal workings of the crane making it inoperable
- in order to thaw out the crane (and the workers) they've lit a bonfire on top of the (PVC-coated) earth pipe for the crane
- the water tap in the garage has frozen
- access to the water mains to turn off the water and prevent the garage from flooding is under five tonnes of wood
- the toupie (cement lorry) has arrived and they are now pouring the base for the swimming-pool on to a slab of ice.
All of which is far too much information for me!